Two teenagers are dead and a third is badly hurt after a blast in eastern Iowa. An explosion killed two young men about 9:30 last night in rural Linn County near the town of Palo. The blast happened in a wooden barn behind a home. Three young men were in the barn, all 18-year-olds. Two were pronounced dead at the scene. The third man was taken to University Hospitals in Iowa City for treatment of burns and trauma. No names have been released. The cause of the blast is under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk