Upper Iowa’s move to the division two ranks is reflected in its football schedule this fall. In 2003, the Peacocks played a schedule of Iowa Conference foes as they began the transition from division III to the division II ranks. This season there is a slate of new opponents. Upper Iowa coach Courtney Messingham says the move has not only changed the schedule but the attitude as well. Messingham says success this season will not be judged soley by wins and losses. There is a small group of seniors on this team so the coach says a number of youngsters will get playing time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime