A young woman died early this morning after she and a friend were hit by an S-U-V near the Iowa State Fair last night. Des Moines police Sergeant Kenneth Brown says someone fell in the street and the approaching vehicle swerved to avoid the fallen person but then hit two other people. No names have been released. The survivor is reportedly in critical condition. Brown says both pedestrians who were hit were women in their 20s. No charges have been filed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker