A helicopter flown by an eastern Iowa man crashed Monday in Minnesota.The chopper was reportedly doing line surveys for a local utility and had just taken off from a landing pad near the town of LeRoy in southern Minnesota when it crashed. The pilot is identified as Perry Walton of Cedar Rapids. He was trapped in the wreckage which had to be cut apart before he could be rescued. Walton is being treated at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota, though a condition report hasn’t been released. A passenger in the helicopter was injured but was able to walk away. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!