Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley held a hearing in Sioux City today to talk about the problems of rural America. Grassley, a republican, says they want to see what the government can do to take some of the burden off of rural Iowans. He says they’re trying to look at several different provisions of the tax code that might be harmful to economic development in rural America. Or he says they may be able to fine tune them to make it better. Grassley says they want to try and keep rural areas strong. He says what they’re really after is the outmigration of people from the majority of the counties of the midwest to the urban areas, or out of the state entirely.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident
- Pitch for tax break for making movies, TV shows in Iowa
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification