Iowa State and UNI open the season this Saturday in Ames. The Cyclones are looking to erase the memories of a 2-10 record in 2003. Coach Dan McCarney says the best way to move on is to win and do good things this year and win a football game. McCarney says they need to inject some positive things into the fans. He says the fans have stood by the team and they need a reason to keep coming back. McCarney says the Cyclones have something to prove. He says all the preseason things written about the team reflect the poor showing last year, even though they haven’t played a game yet this season. McCarney says a large number of players will get their first action on Saturday. He says at least 30 freshman, sophomores or newcomers who’ll play in the game. He says they’ll know more about the team when they hit the field the first time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!