A 25-year-old school teacher from West Des Moines had V-I-P seating in the V-P’s box last night at the Republican National Convention in New York City. Isaiah McGee, an alternate convention delegate, was invited to sit in the box because he helped organize a pubic service project the Iowa delegates worked on yesterday in Harlem. (as said above)McGee says sitting on the floor isn’t all its cracked up to be, because it’s crowded, the media stands in your way and it’s hard to hear. He says the box was a whole different experience, like sitting in a luxury box at a sports arena. McGee says Vice President Dick Cheney was late in arriving at the convention and McGee had a limited time in the area, so he missed getting to meet Cheney in person by about half an hour.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G