Johnson County Attorney Patrick White says his preliminary look at claims that a Catholic priest abused a boy in 1998 made him decide to open a full-fledged investigation into the charges. Iowa City police have assigned a sergeant to the investigation, at the county attorney’s request. Earlier, after the alleged victim told another priest, the parish sent church officials to talk with congregations at three churches where the accused priest had served. The prosecutor’s asking anyone who thinks they may have information valuable to this investigation to contact the Johnson County Attorney’s office or Sergeant Kevin Heick at the Iowa City Police department.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk