Authorities say an explosion and fatal fire in northwest Iowa near LeMars was likely caused by a cigarette, not an illegal drug lab. The Plymouth County Sheriff says the dead man is 20-year-old Ron Bigley who lived just west of LeMars. The state fire marshal says it was not a meth lab, but a propane tank was being used and a cigarette probably caused the tank to ignite in the garage about 2 A.M. Thursday. Damage was extensive. Bigley was identified through dental records.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger