The 27th annual Southwest Iowa Hot Air Balloon Days is underway this weekend in Creston. Balloon committee spokesman Bill Fastenow says the winds are the determining factor of whether or not the balloons will fly and, of course, their destination. Fastenow says this (Saturday) afternoon at 4:30, there’s a balloonists’ meeting, followed by a “night glow” at the Creston Airport south of town, which he says is a pretty sight to see. Creston Chamber of Commerce executive director Ellen Gerharz says at least 57 balloonists have signed up to take part in this weekend’s events. Besides the ascensions, Gerharz says there are other attractions in Creston. There’s also a parade starting at 10:30 this (Saturday) morning. One more balloon race is scheduled for early tomorrow (Sunday) morning. This event is second only to Indianola in Iowa for the number of balloonists taking part. For more information; call the chamber at (641) 782-7021.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk