The state concluded negotiations on a new Indian Gaming compact last night. This new compact with the operators of the Meskwaki Casino in Tama replaces the old one that expired and negotiations dragged on for several weeks. The compact is needed to run the Indian gaming operation, and provisions of the new agreement remain confidential for now. Steve Young of Iowa’s Department of Inspections and Appeals and tribal chairman Homer Bear released a joint statement saying only that the agreement was successfully concluded and after its review by the U-S Department of the Interior which oversees the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs will details be released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk