The Iowa Hawkeyes have fallen 12 spots to 24th in the latest USA Today\ESPN Coaches Poll. The Hawkeyes suffered what coach Kirk Ferentz termed a “thorough beating” in a 44-7 loss at Arizona State. Andrew Walter threw five touchdown passes as the Sun Devils pounded the Hawks 44-7. Ferentz says A-S-U used max protection and ran good routs and Walter did a good job of putting the ball where he should. The victory allowed Arizona State to avenge a lop sided loss to the Hawkeyes in 2003. Ferentz says the Sun Devils are better and his team is not quite as good as it was a year ago at this point, but he says A-S-U had it all going and his team couldn’t seem to get anything going. Iowa’s offense was smothered as the Hawks managed only 100 yards of total offense and a punt return for a touchdown by Walner Belleus in the waning seconds prevented a shutout. They will need to put this game behind the as they get set for the Big Ten opener at Michigan.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal