A man in custody in Omaha may be linked to a crime in Iowa. 24-year-old Shawn Bynum was arrested after a bank robbery in west Omaha on Wednesday. Police say a car used in the robbery was reported stolen from an apartment complex, one clue that led them to arrest Bynum there. And they say forensic evidence links him to a string of sexual assaults there, and one in the Des Moines suburb of Clive. Bynum, who had been a military police officer at Offut Air Force Base in Omaha in recent years, was booked on four counts of first-degree sexual assault, use of a weapon to commit a robbery and kidnapping. Clive police say they’re waiting for the reports from Omaha detectives before taking the case to the Polk County attorney’s office for possible charges in the rape case in Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal