A Des Moines man is ordered to pay some 15-thousand dollars in fines and restitution and serve prison time after a burglary spree at two banks in the western Iowa town of Schleswig. 37-year-old Phillip Knight was convicted last month in Crawford County District Court on burglary and theft charges. Monday, he was sentenced to five years in prison for that case, to run concurrently with a ten-year sentence from a Polk County case. On May 9th, the United Bank of Iowa branch office and the Bank Iowa A-T-M were ripped off.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response