Iowa State opens the Big-12 race on the road this weekend at 24th rated Oklahoma State. The Cyclones are 2-1 and struggled to a winless conference record in 2003.Cyclone coach Dan McCarney says the team is playing like a team with a real passion and somethign to prove. McCarney says Bret Meyer and Austin Flynn will continue to rotate at quarterback. Flynn helped lead a second half comeback in a victory over Northern Illinois. He says they like the flow of how things are going right now and he says it could be that Flynn plays more, but he says he likes them both.McCarney hopes kicker Tony Yelk will return soon. Yelk has been out with a pulled muscle he suffered during the summer. He says kicking the ball is an explosive movement with your leg so you have to have your strength back to do it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards