A Red Oak woman faces a variety of charges after drugs were found in a southwest Iowa daycare center. Red Oak police say 40-year-old Loni Jo Keats was arrested Tuesday on 13 counts of child endangerment, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Authorities met with officials from the Iowa Department of Human Services at the Loni-land Day Care in Red Oak after complaints illegal drugs were being used in the presence of children. Officers allegedly found marijuana and several items of drug paraphernalia in the immediate area of the children. Keats is held on more than 86-thousand dollars bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!