Lieutenant Governor Sally Pederson met with early childhood development experts in Mason City Wednesday as part of her “Healthy Kids Achieve” tour. Pederson says she wanted input from people who work with children for a living.Pederson says the state is looking for ways to make sure children get the health care and pre-school education they need to make sure they are ready to learn when they get to kindergarten and beyond.Pederson says the research is quite clear about the development of children who receive good learning and live in healthy environments from an early age.Pederson held similar discussions in several other Iowa communities over the last few days, including Ames, Muscatine, Williamsburg, West Liberty and Washington.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!