Former captain of industry Dick Cheney faces off with former trial lawyer John Edwards tonight in the televised Vice Presidential debate, but Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley doesn’t think many people will be watching.Grassley says “Vice presidential debates make very little impact on who somebody’s gonna’ vote for for president or not. Most of the focus isn’t even on who the running mate is as long as that running mate is a credible candidate and seen as a credible potential president.” Grassley, a republican, says Cheney will be able to show himself tonight as an experienced expert on issues including terrorism and national security. Grassley says “There’s going to be a lotta’ focus on Cheney. He’s going to be seen as credible. He won’t be as smooth as Edwards,” but will do a good job of supporting the president’s policies.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards