Waterloo police do not yet have a suspect in a weekend shooting spree that killed a 23-year-old woman. Cops say bullets were sprayed outside a house on Waterloo’s east side early Sunday morning, hitting the windshield of a car and hitting Thyanna Parsons, who was killed. Neighbor Christie Moore says she’s thankful she wasn’t outside when it happened. Moore says she could have been in the cross-fire because she got home and went in her house just 15 minutes before the shooting happened. Another neighbor, Jason Manning, calls it a tragedy. Manning says it’s just a sign of the times. An 18-year-old man was also injured in the shooting but authorities say his injuries aren’t life-threatening.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal