Tom Davis installed his system at Drake last season and with that worked to build a winning attitude. Davis feels both are in place as he looks to direct the Bulldogs to their first winning season since back in 1987. He says he thinks they’ve changed the attitude and he says he really thinks the team thinks it can win. Davis says you want the team to think they’ll be good, but he says he’s being realistic telling them they need to find rebounders and someone who can shoot the three. Davis has the entire roster back from last year’s team that finished 12-16 ans sixth in the Missouri Valley race. There is added size on the roster. 6-8 Alou Kieta transfered from Tulsa after playing his school basketball at Iowa City Regina. Davis says it was pretty clear they had a rebounding and power deficiency last year. Davis says added size should help the Bulldogs on the defensive end as well. He says their full-court pressure defense was very good, but once they got into the front court, their defense wasn’t very good because of their size inside. Drake opens the season at home November 19th against Akron.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal