A northwest Iowa town comes together tonight to grieve the deaths of two teens in a recent car crash. 18-year-old Dustin Tjepkes and his 14-year-old sister Whitney were killed Monday morning when their car went through a stop sign and collided with a truck at a rural Grundy County intersection as they were on the way to school. Austin was a senior at Grundy Center High School, and Whitney was a freshman. Their deaths have left trhe school and the town in shock, and a public vigil’s planned for seven o’clock tonight in the high-school commons. Community residents and friends of the Tjepkes family are invited , and the school plans to provide counselors and other resources for anyone who needs help coping with the tragedy.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal