In high school football action tonight the lead in district eight is on the line in class 3A as top-ranked Harlan hosts number-four Denison-Schleswig. Harlan is 6-0 after winning an eighth state tile last year under long-time coach Curt Bladt. Bladt says everyone is ready to play this one.After a 5-4 season in 2003 Denison is back in the playoff hunt with a 6-0 record. Monarch coach Dave Wiebers says they’ve played themselves into a postion to play and important football game at this time of year, which he says is good. He says it just happens to be against a team they’ve had a lot of good game against in the past. Wiebers says this Harlan team is as good as last year’s title club with excellent team speed. He says they mix up the run and pass a little more this year.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal