The Iowa Asian Alliance is holding its annual Admir-Asian Achievement Awards presentation tonight in Des Moines, honoring the achievements of Iowans and Iowa businesses that have improved relations with people of Asian descent. Kim Poam Logan is executive director of the group, which promotes the business, economic and community development of the Asian Americans in Iowa. They’ve picked a person of the year, an outstanding Asian business, an outstanding non-Asian business, an outstanding volunteer, an outstanding youth and an Asian ambassador. Poam Logan says one award-winner she -can- unveil in advance of the ceremony is the outstanding youth — Megan Srinivas, a senior at Fort Dodge High School.The 18-year-old started a charity group when she was in 4th grade, is an international science fair competitor, is ranked among the nation’s top 20 high school debaters and was named Sports Illustrated’s “All American Teen” for Iowa. She’s also the first-ever student member of the Iowa State Board of Education. For more information, surf to “www.iowaasianalliance.com”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk