Members of a church in Elkport in eastern hope their fundraising can save their place of worship.Members of the Immanuel Lutheran Church have started raising money to help save the 145-year-old church which was damaged by spring flooding. Members are trying to raise 15-thousand dollars — however their action hinges on a ruling by the Department of Natural Resources on whether the church floor is in the flood plain. If the floor is in the flood plain it can stay in its current location. If not, the building has to be moved.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!