The search resumed this morning for 12-year-old Collin Helmers of Estherville, one of two people who likely perished in a weekend boating mishap on West Lake Okoboji. Divers recovered the body of 31-year-old Matthew Molacek of Estherville on Monday afternoon some 25-feet from the sunken boat. Conditions were said to be ideal for dive rescue, despite the depth of the area being searched. Residents refer to it as “the hole,” as it’s some 136-feet down and close to the sunken barge.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk