Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says the Hawkeyes will face an emotional Illinois team this weekend when the teams hook up in Champaign. The Illini have yet to win a Big Ten game and were routed last week by Minnesota 45-0. Another source of motivation is the status of head coach Ron Turner who is rumored to be on his way out. Ferentz says don’t expect the Hawks to be caught looking ahead to the matchup with Purdue. He says they’re not a good enough team to look past anybody.Running back Marcus Simmons will miss his second straight game with a badly sprained ankle so Sam Brownlee and Damian Sims will handle the running back chores.Iowa State coach Dan McCarney says the Cyclones feel good about what they can accomplish in the season’s final four games. Iowa State is 3-4 after posting its first Big-12 win since 2002 with a victory at Baylor and return home to host Kansas on Saturday. McCarney says the final stetch will be a tough one as all four of the teams were in bowl games last year. The good news is that three of the last four games are at home.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer