A no-contest plea from a western Iowa man charged with three deaths. 19-year-old Stephen Halbert was at his familiy home in Carter Lake when police showed up with a warrant in his name. They who were looking for his uncle, who has the same name, but the teenage Halbert took off and fled the officers, allegedly going more than 80-Miles an hour in a stolen SUV he’d had parked at the house. He crossed into the city of Omaha where police say he turned off his headlights and ran a stop sign before he slammed into two motorcycles carrying three people. They all were killed. This week Halbert entered a plea of no contest in Douglas County District court. He’s to be sentenced December fifteenth.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!