The Iowa Hawkeyes can take a major step toward locking up a top three finish in the Big Ten when they host Purdue tomorrow in the Big Ten. These teams have been going in opposite directions. The Hawkeyes have won four straight and stand just a game behind co-leaders Michigan and Wisconsin while the Boilermakers have lost three straight. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Purdue has just come up short the past few weeks. He says when you get into conference play you hit another gear and he says it’s unusual that you pull away. He says Purdue has just missed in some games.Purdue earned a reputation as a passing team but Ferentz says they also have a good running game. He says they’re still very balanced in the pass and run. He says they have a good defense that they don’t want to put in bad spots. This game matches a pair of standout receivers in Iowa’s Ed Hinkel and Purdue’s Taylor Stubblefield. He says Stubblefield is one of those guys who just gets it done. He says he has talent too.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk