A farm accident has claimed the life of a rural Chelsea man. 75-year old George Swaim Junior was killed yesterday (Wednesday) while helping a neighbor haul bales from a field in Rural Toledo. The preliminary investigation shows that Swaim was run over by a pick-up truck while waiting on the side of a hill for bales to be brought to him. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Funeral services for Swaim will be held Saturday in Tama.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws