The Iowa Hawkeyes have climbed two spots to 17th on both the AP and USA Today/ESPN coaches poll after a 29-27 win at Minnesota. The Hawkeyes close out the regular season at home against a Wisconsin team that fell to ninth after a 49-14 loss at Michigan State. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says it’s a tribute to his players to win six straight after two losses. Ferentz says they’re happy to be coming home where they’ve played well. The Hawkeyes got a lift from sophomore kicker Kyle Slicher who connected on a school-record five field goals in the win. Slicher says he doesn’t think of it as being his first year, as he says he’s been preparing for two years and now it’s his time to shine.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire
- Unique Native American prints on display in Sioux City
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances