If you’ve never cooked a turkey before or you’re using one of those big fryers, there are loads of tips on the Internet. Iowa Turkey Federation executive director Gretta Irwin touts the www.EatTurkey.com website. Irwin says if you’re using a turkey fryer, do it outside in a very open area. Don’t do it next to the garage or on the deck. Irwin also suggests filling the fryer with water first. Submerge the turkey in the water, and find a level at which the water doesn’t overflow. That way, you’ll know exactly how much oil to put in the fryer and won’t have boiling hot oil spilling out when you put the turkey in to cook. The EatTurkey.com website has tips for stuffing a turkey as well as more than 15-hundred turkey recipes.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal