In womens’ basketball Wednesday night, the Iowa Hawkeyes roared out to a 26-point second half lead enroute to an 89-80 win over Iowa State in Carver-Hawkeye Arena.Iowa coach Lisa Bluder who says a tough early schedule had her team ready for the game. The Hawkeyes are now 5-0. The loss was the first for the Cyclones after a 3-0 start. She says they dominated defensively and scored at a good rate against ISU who was only giving up 42 points a game, and they had 45 at halftime. Bluder says the competition they played got them ready as she says “Iowa State had really played nobody.” Jamie Cavey led Iowa with 19-points, Crystal Smith added 17.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal