Freshman forward Eric Coleman has provided a spark to the UNI basketball team early this season. The Minnesota native has averaged just over 11-points per game and in Wednesday nights win over Iowa State had 24-points to go along with 10-rebounds. Panther coach Greg McDermott says Coleman’s play has helped offset the loss of David Gruber and Matt Schniederman off last year’s team that played in the NCAA Tournament. He says Coleman is going to be a special player, as his majurity and basketball I-Q are far beyond his years. McDermott says Coleman has made a quick adjustment to the college game. He says he’s active and he does it all with a smile on his face.The Panthers take a 2-1 record into Saturday’s game at Loyola-Chicago.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws