University of Iowa Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby says the renovation of the school’s football stadium is looking good. Bowlsby says they got started right after the final regular season game in November. He says they’re going very well, they’re in the process of bidding their fifth package. He says the demolition of the south endzone area is underway. Bowlsby says bids on the work are so far on budget. He says some are coming in low, and some are coming in high as it’s a very competative construction market. But he says all things considered, they’re right where they want to be. Bowlsby says the work will continue, weather permitting, throughout the winter. He says they’re scheduled to work six days-a-week, 16 hours day. He says if they got a bad stretch of weather that might set them back, but he says the weather’s been good thus far in November and December, and if anything, they’re a little bit ahead of schedule. The project budget is just under 87-million dollars. The south end zone renovation is scheduled to be completed by the start of the fall season. The remaining renovation, including the installation of a new press box, will start at the end of that season.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!