The Waterloo Black Hawks are preparing for a tough weekend schedule that will see them play three games in three days. The defending USHL champion Hawks will play at Green Bay tonight, then return home for a game Saturday night and a Sunday afternoon match-up against Sioux City. Waterloo is looking to raise their standings in the Eastern Division where they’re currently in 4th place. Coach P.K. O’Handley says it’s critical because consistency had been their achiles heel thus far.Waterloo has been strong defensively this season, giving up the fewest goals in the USHL but has struggled offensively, as they are last in the league in goals scored. O’Handley has been very pleased this season with his goalies. He says they’ve played well as the team has struggled to score goals.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness