The 16th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes missed only 13-shots the entire game as they downed the Air Force Academy 73-63 in Iowa City. The Hawkeyes shot just over 67 percent for the game and pounded the ball inside to offset the deliberate style of Air Force on offense.Iowa coach Steve Alford says if you come in and shoot a lot of threes, you’re not going to get the ball back a lot. Alford says they got the ball in the paint and that’s why his team shot a high percentage. He says the Falcons style of play is similar to the Northwestern style which has given the Hawkeyes fits in recent years. He says defensively they haven’t had trouble guarding it, but he says offensively they’ve had trouble against the zone. He says it was good for their psyche to come out and score 73 points. Iowa is 11-1 and hosts St. Louis University.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall