A western Iowa law officer shot and killed a suspect last night. The shooting happened a little after 7 last night north and west of Shelby at the conclusion of a high-speed chase. A Shelby County Sheriff’s Deputy tried to pull over a car for speeding, but the driver took off. After about ten minutes, officers were able to stop the car with a roadblock. The deputy reportedly approached the car, saw what he thought was a gun in the driver’s hand, and fired one shot, killing the driver. The identities of the deputy and the dead suspect have not been released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature