Murder charges have been filed in connection with a New Year’s murder in Chariton that reportedly involved a father and his potential son-in-law. A Chariton man is being held in the Clarke County Jail in Osceola on a $1 million bond following his arrest Saturday. Chariton police received a report of a domestic dispute at the home of 70-year-old Donald Survis on New Year’s Eve. When cops arrived early Saturday morning, they found Survis unconscious and learned he had been in an altercation with Edward Johnston. Johnston was arrested and charged with first degree murder. Survis was taken to a hospital in Chariton, then airlifted to a Des Moines hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness