Iowa State opened last night’s game at Xavier by getting a technical foul for not turning in its starting lineup on time and things did not get any better after that as the Cyclones lost 72-59. Xavier won the battle on the boards by outrebounding Iowa State 44-31, including 16 on the offensive end. ISU coach Wayne Morgan on the postgame show on the Cyclone Network said you can’t go on the road anywhere and get outrebounded and hope to win. Xavier got the first nine rebounds of the second half as part of a decisive 17-5 run to take command. Morgan says at this level of play if you break down for two to three minutes, you can’t hope to win.Iowa State opens the Big 12 race at Missouri on Saturday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill