A theft case in northwest Iowa is a modern twist on the western tradition of cattle rustling. The Crawford County sheriff is investigating the theft of hogs from a contract-feeding operations based out of Carroll. Sheriff’s officials say sometime Sunday night someone stole more than 100 hogs owned by Jurgens Corporation from a hog-farming operation near Westside. The hogs each weighed about 240 pounds, and were valued at about 14-thousand dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill