The Iowa State women’s basketball team opens the Big-12 race at home tonight against 20th rated Kansas State. The Cyclones enter the league race with a record of 10-1 and coach Bill Fennelly has liked the progress. He says they’re healthier than they’ve been in a long time and he says they have great senior leadership from five kids and the younger players have a lot of experience. He says they hope all those things will help them in conference play. Fennelly says K-State has a strong perimeter game. He says they’ve shot 100 less free throws than their opponents, which he says means they shoot very well. Fennelly also says he doesn’t think K-State gets enough credit for their defense.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk