Creighton scored the final five points of the game to edge Drake 61-58 last night at the Knapp Center. The game ended with Drake coach Tom Davis chasing an official off the court after Chaun (shawn) Brooks missed a three pointer at the buzzer that would have sent the game to overtime. Davis said on his post-game show on KRNT in Des Moines, it looked like Brooks was fouled and the official had his fist up, but when the horn sounded, the official ran off the court.Davis says you don’t want to focus on one call, but he says “That call represented four or five calls down the stretch, that I thought went against us, that you know, just uh, put a dagger in you.” Davis says the Bulldogs could have helped their own cause but made too may mistakes down the stretch. He says they missed nine free throws and missed some easy baskets in the paint. Drake is 1-3 in the Valley, 4-7 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk