The UNI men take a 10-2 record on the road in Missouri Valley Conference play to take on Evansville. This will be the first of a two game swing for the Panthers who play Indiana State on Sunday. Panther coach Greg McDermott says they just played three games in five days, so they should be prepared. He says it saves some travel time in the long run, but gives you less prep time in the short run. A major factor in UNI’s success has been the play of the inside duo of Eric Crawford and Grant Stout who replaced last year’s senior combination of David Gruber and Matt Schniederman. He says as good as those guys were in leading the program, he says they were both average passers, but he says Stout and Coleman are very good passers. He says that’s unique for big guys. Evansville coach Steve Merfeld says the Panthers have not missed a beat this season. He says the addition of Coleman and the progress of Stout has helped UNI to fill in for the guys that graduated.The Aces are led by the guard combination of Lucious Wagner and Andre Burton. Merfeld says both are having very solid years and have developed and he says that’s important for the team to be successful.Evansville is 7-4.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities