The UNI women’s basketball team is on a roll. Coming off a 12-17 season and picked to finish 6th in the Missouri Valley, not much was expected out of the Panthers. However UNI has surprised many by jumping out to a 3-0 start to begin conference play, including a win over Valley pre-season favorite SMS. Panthers’ coach Tony DiCecco says his team was motivated to bounce back after last year’s frustrating season. Dicecco says the Panthers have been boosted by what last year taugth them. He says they learned there were some things they didn’t take care of and he says that’s been the motivation as they’ve played this year. UNI will look to remain unbeaten in the Valley when they travel to Southern Illinois and Evansville this weekend.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities