With a number-24 national ranking and a 2-0 Big-12 mark the Iowa State women look for two in a row on the road as they visit Kansas. The Cyclones have won six of the last seven games against the Jayhawks and only two of those games were close, But coach Bill Fennelly is not taking anything for granted. He says he expects a very difficult game and he says it’ll be a different look and environment. Fennelly says Kansas has made strides under first-year coach Bonnie Henrickson. He says they won’t beat themselves and will play tough at home.Henrickson says while the Cyclones are known for their offense, Fennelly has done a good job of mixing things up at the defensive end. She says they’re playing more man-to-man than they have in the past and mix that in with the zones.ISU is 12-1 overall. Kansas is 7-6 overall and 0-2 in the league race.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!