The 21st ranked Iowa Hawkeye women dropped their third straight game on Thursday night. Fifth ranked Ohio State parlayed 21 Hawkeye turnovers into 25 points as the Buckeyes rolled to an 80-57 win in Columbus. Iowa coach Lisa Bluder says their turnovers seemed to come in runs and they couldn’t get ahold of them. She says they only had three offensive rebounds and that was another big problem. After opening the season 13-0 the Hawkeyes now take a 13-3 overall mark and 2-3 Big Ten record into Sunday’s game at home against Northwestern. Bluder says they have to change between the ears as they have a problem with their confidence right now. She says Northwestern will beat them if they don’t get mentally prepared.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland