Four people were killed in a weekend crash near Storm Lake. The Buena Vista County Sheriff says a semi and minivan collided at the intersection of Highways 7 and 71 about 2 A-M on Saturday. The semi, driven by Kirk Pilmore of Randolph, Nebraska, was southbound when it struck the van driven by Miguel Avila of Hammond, Indiana. The van was westbound on Highway 7, and entered the path of the semi after stopping at the stop sign. Three people were pronounced dead at the scene and a fourth person died at the hospital. All were in the minivan. Killed in the crash were 18-year-old Omar Avila of East Chicago, Indiana, 21-year-old Rocky Flores-Marin of Newell, 23-year-old Jose Luis Flores of Storm Lake and 24-year-old Silvestre Arambula-Acosta of Storm Lake. The driver of the van was treated and released at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center. The driver of the semi wasn’t injured. No charges have been filed as the accident remains under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer