UNI stormed back from a 14-point second half deficit to win at Southwest Missouri State last night 62-53 in Missouri Valley Conference action. Grant Stout led the way for UNI with 21 points, Ben Jacobsen added 15 as the Panthers bounced back from a home loss to Creighton. Jacobsen on the post-game show on the UNI Sports Network says they got off to a slow start and couldn’t find a way to hit their shots. Jacobsen says they had a couple of tough practices after the close loss to Creighton and they may’ve had some tired legs to start the game, but were able to pull it out in the end. The Panthers fell behind 11-0 at the outset and trailed 43-29 in the second half before closing the game by outscoring the Bears 33-10. UNI is 13-4 overall, 4-2 in the Valley.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record