The Iowa Hawkeye women had a seven point lead early in the second half at 23rd ranked Purdue on Sunday but the Boilermakers rallied for a 79-75 victory in Big Ten action. For the Hawkeyes it was their fourth loss in five games and they are now 3-4 in the Big Ten.Iowa coach Lisa Bluder says it slipped through their hands and they missed a great opportunity to gain a win on their home floor. Center Jamie Cavey led Iowa with 22 points but she did not score in the final nine and a half minutes of the game. Bluder says they feel Cavey is so good they need to look to get her the ball. Iowa is 14-4 overall and returns to action Thursday night at home against Michigan.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk