After week off the Iowa Hawkeye women return to action tonight as they visit 14th ranked Minnesota. The Hawkeyes are 4-4 in the Big Ten and have been idle since a victory over Michigan last Thursday.Iowa coach Lisa Bluder says the players got the weekend off and she thinks they’re rested, refreshed and ready to go. Tonight marks the start of the second half of the Big Ten race and the Hawks will get their chances against the league leaders beginning with tonight’s game. Bluder says they have to try and get one of the top teams. The Gophers are 16-4 overall and 6-2 in the Big Ten. She says they’re playing very well and have only lost one game at home and are a really good basketball team with good depth.Iowa is 15-4 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges